Business Engagement Fellow
- Title– Business Engagement Fellow
- Location– 131 Cambridge St., Boston, MA
- Reports to– Programs Director, Kristin Kelleher
- Compensation– Volunteer
- Duration– Approximately 12 weeks at 10-20 hours/week
- Start Date– June 3rd, 2019 (start date flexible)
- Duration– Approximately 10-12 weeks after start, depends on hours worked etc.
The Climate Action Business Association (CABA) is a Massachusetts-based nonprofit business group that works with our 160+ member businesses to take targeted action on climate change. To do this, we work with our members and other local businesses to (1) foster internal sustainable, (2) raise awareness for greater climate resilience, (3) establish effective channels for public policy advocacy, and (4) build a strong community of climate focused-business leaders.
We are seeking a self-starting and highly motivated undergraduate or recent college graduate to assist primarily in business development and member business engagement over Summer 2019.
We pride ourselves on our organization’s robust internship program which focuses on providing unique professional opportunities to all fellows/interns. In addition to the responsibilities listed below, we encourage all interns/fellows to proactively suggest new projects that both advance CABA’s goals and create opportunities for you to grow as a young professional.
- Assist staff with various in-person member interactions, including networking events.
- Play an active role in creating, planning, and implementing strategies for business engagement.
- Assist the Programs Director in communicating with member businesses.
- Manage social media interactions with our member businesses.
- Track member business engagement and recruitment outcomes.
- Write content for the CABA website and newsletter, as needed.
- Assist the Policy Team in advancing CABA’s public affairs and policy advocacy goals, as needed.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, must be able to draft a professional email and communicate comfortably with business leaders over the phone, or in-person.
- Ability to use social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) professionally.
- Excellent written communications skills.
- Passion for acting on the environment and/or climate change.
- Demonstrated ability to work well on teams.
- Self-starting, can work independently towards an end-goal.
- Has the capacity to work well in fast-paced, dynamic environments.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Willing to ask questions, and learn from their mistakes.
- Prior experience working with local/small businesses a plus.
- Working understanding of sustainable business practices, and/or climate policy a plus.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Programs Director Kristin Kelleher (Kristin.Kelleher@cabaus.org). Please include in the subject line your full name followed by ‘Summer 2019 Business Fellow’.
Applications received after April 18th 2019 at 5 PM will not be considered.